Social media is an effective marketing strategy for most business, implementing them however is not that easy as it seems. In the past, there are notable numbers of people who have continued making this mistakes and it is alarming to see people repeating the same. If used properly social media can prove to be an important tool for brand awareness and company reputation.
So we would be discussing 10 common social media marketing mistakes that you should avoid:
- No proper Strategy – Before starting to promote your business, you should be very clear of the objective that you want to achieve through social media anddevise a strategy accordingly.
- Running away from negative feedback – Be upfront and deal with negative feedback and offer proper and appropriate solution to clients, a proper social media tactic.
- Indifferent towards client presence – Gain insight into the client base and be prepared with the right questions to ask, striving for desperate engagement with the client is a big no no in social media.
- Active 24*7 – It is not required to be active all round the clock but be careful with the content. Decide your target audience and post around the same time.
- Placing little importance to blogs – You can use social media to promote your company website and attract former clients back to the website by promoting your company blog.
- Master of all trades, Jack of none – Pick up 2-3 mediums and make your presence strong, rather than juggling with 5-6 platforms together in social media.
- Normal is boring – Make your page striking using images and exciting content in your social media posts.
- Keep an eye on competitors – Keep checking your competitor list and see who they are following, to network with big shots.
- Do not fall for the numbers – Paying too much attention on the numbers can feed your vanity but not your purpose. Work on the engagement level while using social media.
- Inconsistent marketing – Be natural in every interaction and promote your brand value as honestly as possible.
Social Media allows you to connect directly with your customers and spread the word about your products and services effectively. So welcome the cost effective method of social media for business promotion and maximizing returns.